Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Today I am thanking all of you for your very generous support of my efforts. In all seriousness I have felt a huge wave of support and for that I thank you. Now which one of you likes to swim and looks sort of like me? he he he I am not sure if all of the support is the positive kind but I am a begger at the moment so I will not be a choser.  I think I have two kinds of supporters: those that do these types of things and are giggling with glee that another poor soul has decended into the living hell they all frolick in. And those that know what sort of shape I am in and how high this mountain I am trying to climb really is and are just watching for the train wreck.
I don't care either way. I like attention no matter how it comes.
Some might say I am full of myself but I say "What else should I be full of ?"
If I am not for me who will be !
The internal dialoge I am fighting is my own unseen war against the negative self talk.
In my head are two mean monkeys. One the doughnut monkey who has appeared a little in my previous post. The second is the bigger badder monkey. Really it is better described as a gorilla named Smokey and he rattles around in my cage all the time. Smokey almost never shuts up, but when I am out stumbling down the road, or furiously pedalling to nowhere then I don't have anytime to listen to Smokey. Mostly because I am too concerned with not falling over and having some avian (Crow or Seagull)  peck out my eyes and kidneys while I am still alive. That is a good thing.
I am also tired of wondering what I could be or might be capabale of. This is my chance to find out. If I get through this I am going to feel like IRON. "I AM IRON MAN" donnanonnanonna (heavy base guitar sound).
"Is he live or dead ? are there thoughts in his head" ...okay that was a little Ozzy Ozbourne for those that don't recognize it.
 This is basically my way of saying I did not do much today. I did another day of Yoga and that makes 6 in a row.
It is funny how the adds change depending upon what I am talking about. He he he I just figured it out! I was wondering what prompted the Trojan add when I realized it must be all the talk about the Smith Tower looking like a specific part of the male anatomy. Damn Funny
So if I mentioned that Amanda told me Kathy told her your not a real runner until you have to poop in the woods I wonder what that will bring?

(Amanda wants it on record that she has yet to poop in the woods while running)

4 comments:

  1. Today is the second day since my stairs/Dumbell Press/Russian Lunges day. My legs and butt are stiff and sore beyond anything I've experienced so far! But today I will do stairs again and tonight is CrossFit. I did not run yesterday like I planned. But I'm going to break those 9 minute miles! Plus, today I am 211. I want to break 210 by the weekend.

    And I have never pooped in the woods while running. Here' hoping you don't have to either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, I commented and it posted under the wrong google ID. Weird. I copied it and then deleted it, then tried to paste it but it didn't copy. grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I was so sore I didn't do stairs today. But CrossFit really loosened me up. I was feeling good so I decided to stop by the track on the way home. I ran a mile in 8:46, walked 1/4 mile, then ran another mile in 8:42. I'm almost there. I'm going to add a lap to my first mile every time I run, until I get to; run 2 miles, walk 1/4 mile, run 1 mile. My left calf cramped up a little towards the end, so I got Pedialyte on the way home and guzzled most of a bottle. Have to see how it feels tomorrow. When is this triathlon?

    ReplyDelete