Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Monday Revalations

Leasson learned from Sunday’s bike ride: Eating is good before working out. However, a Corn Dog, Fries and a Funnel Cake is not so good before a 6 mile bike ride in the hot sun. The point I decided this was just after the Rolling Hill Rd. hill when my whole body began sweating. It was like when you have the flu (where your elbows and eyebrows sweat) and then the gliding down with the wind chilling that sweat adding to the light headedness and disorientation along comes the thought of hurling. With that thought the memory of all that good greasy food and I almost lost it.

Today I eliminated one of my “get out of Jail Free” cards by going and buying a pair of running shoes. We went to the shoe store (Super Jock and Jill) in Green lake where they made me run up and down the block like 5 times. That is supposed to help me feel the shoes for the right fit. My right fitting shoe would run the race for me. No matter how hard I looked they did not have a pair that would do the run for me. So I bought the next best thing “Silver Streak Sneakers!” They make them special for CP’s so they have lots of cushion and my feet don’t roll off the sides. The sales lady was helpful (except she was too happy about running) and I bought 3 pairs or new running socks that the sales lady called “tweeners” which is some special running lingo that I have yet to learn. All this running tired me out and I already asked Amanda to help my design a Yoga series for my daily practice. I could not back out of that and face the wrath of Yoga Teacher.
So we prepared a daily routine which will be
Sun Salutations
forward bends
Warrior Series (optional)
Triangle
Running wheels (this is not a real yoga move just Amanda's form of torturing me)
Twist
and some other s I can not remember off the top of my head.
The important thing to point ouit here is that I am Amazed at how my wife makes these moves look easy. Watching her do these things I think "Oh yeah I can do that no problem" Then I try to get into the position and halfway there I am stuck. My legs and arms are no longer willing to perform what my brain is trying to tell them to.
I also get easily distracted because Cobi has decided to help intruct me. The kid can do more of these than I can. My favorite move he made up is "BonkHeadasana"

No comments:

Post a Comment