Monday, August 10, 2009

ONE THOUSAND STEPS

I did 1120 steps today at lunch (old school stair master) in about 35 minutes. It felt great and I looked out North at the city from the top of the steps and I thought I wonder if this is helping? Some people tried to talk me into going to a master swim class which is pure insanity. I think Jackson and Jacobi swim better than me now. I wonder if I put a sign on my back during the swim portion that reads “SPEED BUMP” maybe people will not swim over me. I hear rumors that people do that and it is freaking me out. Has anyone noticed yet I am not so comfortable in the water, in fact one might say I have a fear of drowning. My wife thinks that’s all in my head and I respond Yes. Yes it is all in my head because that is where most fear lives. Why did I agree to do this again? Ooooooo I am having a minor panic attack at the thought of all these people swimming over me during the swim. All I can think of is if it happens I will find them after I get out and run over them on my Bike (even if they have already finished). Maybe a sign that says “student Swimmer” will work? I am going to try to fit more Yoga in tonight because I obviously need to find my “happy place”. (I touched every step). Amanda did the damn swim in 14 minutes and judging my level to hers means I will most likely do it in 140 minutes. I know I need to “visualize Success” and attract the me I want to be, and I do believe in the positive affirmations blah blah but that doesn’t mean I don’t freak out once in a while. Right now I am freaking out. Well once I get home the boys will SNAP me back to the present. They do that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment