Thursday, August 13, 2009

This is absurd

I am referring to this definition of absurd = ludicrous: ridiculous because of being irrational, incongruous, or illogical.

The mind is a funny computer that spits out answers no matter how absurd the question is. So if I ask it “What will my times be when I succeed? Or, how will I feel when I cross the finish line? My mind will find an answer. The answer is not the important part. The question is the important part. The mind doesn’t care if the answer makes any logical sense. The mind is task oriented and once it has an answer it moves on to the next question. So I am practicing feeding my mind the right questions. Also my legs are sore and tired and my feet hurt (must be the shoes).
In addition to this mental reprogramming inside my head there is a war between two little men 1. Mr. Enthusiasm (call Mr. E) who says “Yeah go for it try something you have never tried!” “You can do it” and his rival 2. Mr. Sarcasm (call Mr. S) “If you fail at this you will look really stupid” “You are going to write this in public and let others see you efforts.” “Pah you’re only capable of what you have done before.”
Mr. E says “This is your life! The time is NOW! The only time we are alive is in the Present moment. Seize it Damn it!”
Mr. S says “smoking is easier, and you have always been good at that“
Mr. E says, “Let’s take Mr. S out to the woods and leave him there”
Mr. E and I are going to cross that finish line. I can write this book anyway I want to, it’s my book, and it’s my life. I can do this because I say I can.
Amanda did it.
Jason and Kathy did it.
Molly did it.
Val’s brother did it.
Aaron did it.
Candice and Sarah did it
Heather did it.
I can do it.

For me to do this is absurd. But it is also very possible and with the support of the poeple around me and lots of work I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment