Friday, August 21, 2009

Am I Golem?

Why can’t doughnuts be a part of Triathlete training? I want my precious doughnuts, my one Ring. OOOOOooooooooooo my precious! We wants it, we takes it

One Doughnut to Rule them all (based upon the Tolkien poem)

Three Doughnuts for the Coffee-kings we all drive by.
Seven for the Tech-lords speaking a language all their own.
Nine for Average Men just walking by.
One for the Doughnut Lord on his dark throne.
In the Land of SeaTac where the deep fryers lie.
One doughnut to rule them all, One doughnut to find them.
One doughnut to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
In the Land of SeaTac where the deep fryers lie.

Okay so maybe I am a little obsessed with these tasty treats? But gosh darn it Ma they sure are good.
I will walk extra steps today just to burn off the two I might have had today. I am not saying I did eat them and I am not saying I didn’t eat them. I am just saying that if you ate one right now it would probably taste sweet and yummy. For me if you ever saw the movie Night at the Museum. There is this one part that is identical to what goes on in my head as I walk from the train to my office. It sounds like this “DUMB DUMB WANTS YUM YUM! And it is so primal that I really can’t resist that internal command. Do you know how it feels? It is like my will power crumbles at that thought. Let me just tell you that if I was writing the Blog of how to go from Triathlete to CP then these little culinary jewels would be a very large part of it. Don’t you want a doughnut just reading this? Think of your favorite doughnut. Apple Fritter, White Cake, Maple Bar, Bear Claw, Raspberry filled, Old Fashioned, Cinnamon Twist MMMMmmmmmm good thought. I like that kind too.

ENOUGH! Seriously man get a hold of yourself!

I did my Yoga this morning and I did Stairs today but I would like to offer a comparison that I cannot help but make because I live with her. As a marker for what I will need to do to become a real Triathlete here is what my wonderful wife did this week:
Sunday – Ran Hills (est. 60 min)
Monday – Yoga 1.5 hours
Tuesday – Yoga 1 hour / Run 4 miles / Bike 14 miles
Wed – Swim 2 miles (60 min)
Thursday – Yoga 2 hours / Run 4 miles Friday - resting

Hmmm………….. here is what I have done in the same time frame.
Sunday – Bike 6.5 miles
Monday – Yoga (30 min) drove the car 60 miles (that made my arse sore)
Tuesday – where did that day go? Oh yeah the boys left it out back so I missed it.
Wed –Walk Stairs (30 min) / Picked Blackberry’s (don’t laugh lots of reaching involved)
Thursday - Yoga (30 min)
Friday -Yoga (30 min) / Stairs (30 min)


Okay SOOooooo I think we all can tell that I have some room to grow but that’s okay. I am okay with myself today. I am smart enough! I am good enough and gosh darn it people lick me…like me! (Well my dog licks me to show how much he likes me).
Anyway this weekend I will try to RUN for the first time which does not sound very fun. I guess I have put it off long enough. You do have to actually run in order to train for running. Yeah so I will let you know how that goes

No comments:

Post a Comment