Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Catch up

Where have I been ? In my delusional Narcacistic world I imagine there are thousands of followers out there waiting on baited breath for me to post. He he he I know you people might have thought this wild ride was over. Pah! Some of you might have suspected that I had already failed and called it quits. PAH I say! It is far from over. Just ask the fools who I used to go mountain bike riding with in San Diego. I don’t learn quickly and I am willing to subject myself to hours of un-enjoyment just to say I did! On one of the hell rides Ron led us on I was suffering from sun stroke and we had riden about 10 miles and were climbing this forest service road when I had to stop. I was pushing my bike up the sixth climbing switchback of Hell cursing away with the hate ray in full effect. When this 68 yr old lady out for a little stroll passed me going up the hill. No lie she was not moving at any kind of fast pace and I was still slower, in fact I think she past me twice on that trip, because the first time my pride made me get on the bike and push ahead of her. Then on the second pass I didn’t care because I was sure I was dying. It was rides like that which made me think riding was my strength. What was I thinking? Those rides were only fun after we stopped. Of course when we got tired out there in the San Diego Canyonlands the solution was simple, crash and then you could rest. I don’t think the road bike will be as easy to pull that maneuver on.


I just had a couple distractions recently that have taken my focus over the last couple days. Here is a quick summary recap of my progress since my last post.



Wednesday I managed a mile and half run despite only being allowed to drink clear liquids per the Dr’s orders. Let me just say it was not any easier this time. I decided to take my Chocolate Lab, “Mijo” with me thinking it would be good for him to run and maybe he could pull me up the hills. Well he pulled alright but not up the hills, always wide right. It took him half the run to figure out my pace for him was a trot not a full run. I only yelled “HEAL” at him 30 times which was to the end of the first block. After that I was too winded to care and he didn’t listen anyway because he was too busy searching for a ball. That is all he does when he is not licking me saying hello or sleeping on the couch.

Thursday had a date with a Dr and everything went good so I was rewarded with a nice Bacon Burger with Cheese and a Chocolate shake from Z’s drive in on Mukilteo Speedway. I recommend it 4 stars we have been there 4-5 times and it is consistently good.

Friday did Yoga and started Daddy weekend which is why I didn’t have the energy to write at all. I was too drained from chasing my boys around all day.

Saturday I took the boys to Grandma’s house for a visit (which for them is always a fan favorite) and I ran three miles on the school track. I really don’t like running on the flat traditional track because two times around the neighborhood seems a lot less than 12 times around the track. I did it in 40 minutes and that makes my time about 13.33 minutes a mile. Much better than the previously estimated 20 minutes a mile. That was a mistake because I thought I ran only two miles in 40 minutes but really it was 3 miles.

Sunday I did Yoga with Cobi (lots of Bangheadasana) and the boys and I went on Action Packed Sunday and I was pretty tired.

Monday I did steps (1200) and in memory of my co worker Andy who is moving on to bigger and better things I sprinted up the final two sets. This time I skipped every other step to work some other muscles. That it did. Owww I really felt it later in the evening and still feel it now.
Tuesday – Nothing at all (well I walked up from the Ferry dock and I decided that I would start walking up every day which is only a 10 minute walk but every little bit helps).

I am finding myself really cravying potato chips in the evenings but I have not given in to that temptation.
I weigh 204 pounds now and I find my 36 waist pants are requiring a belt to stay up. These are a couple good side effects. The bad effects are I am constantly sore and achey all over.
Oh yeah also it is almost the start of Football so I am spending large amounts of my time doing my research before my draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment