Friday, August 14, 2009

A whole different level.

I was talking to my cousin who runs marathons. She is preparing for one in Portland and she is going to run 21 miles this weekend as practice. Shhh Now that is a whole other level! Wow is all I can say. Wow and good luck on your marathon you Iron Momma. I am dedicating this post to AWE of that whole other level.
AIM (April the Iron Momma) speaks to me about how when you add the extra 5 miles your legs become more tired. I look at her with wide eyes and nod my head (as if!) As if I have any idea what that is like? Someday. Someday I might have a little peek into that experience. When I run and train for this I only intend on running 4 miles. Not 4 miles and a little more. NO, 4 miles then sit down. That is my plan. At least for today while I am on the uphill side of the transition between Couch Potato and Triathlete. Maybe when I am a little more on the other side I will change that plan. But Not-a-now Anyway.
That makes me think if I were writing this blog for the transition the other way it would be a lot less work for me. Hmmmmm.... to transform from Triathlete to Couch Potato? I wouldn’t even need new shoes to make that transition. Ah but see there is the rub, I have to become a Triathlete BEFORE I can transform.
Amanda mentioned she read somewhere that you wear out your running shoes about every 6 months. Hmm I thought about that and realized I haven’t had new day to day shoes in about 2 years. Might be why my feet are sore after the stairs? Anyway I never think to myself “hey lets go shopping for shoes”. What I think of those types of things I think of “Hey lets go buy some wood.”” The result is I don’t buy new shoes unless my wife notices how worn out they are and smacks me upside the head saying “Buy some new Shoes.” Since the boys came along my wife does not really notice how I dress anymore. This is a fact that is sometimes good and sometimes bad. So if you see my haircut (I do them myself I posted the pictures on Face book to prove it) and some in the back is longer than the rest that would be because Amanda said “Looks great” while half dragging half carrying the two little gropers to the car sp we could only be slightly late.
I did walk the Quest field Stairmaster (30 times = 2000 stairs) today. I am hoping to work in some Yoga this weekend. I can hear the Elephant ears at the Island County fair calling me. They’re not doughnuts just deep fried dough with powdered sugar. Crap I guess they are close cousins to the doughnut: (

No comments:

Post a Comment