Friday, August 14, 2009

Big City

As some of you may know I work in the Big Emerald City, and things are not always pretty in the big city. I mean my bother-in-law David who lives in the Big Apple might understand. I know my soon to be sister-in-law Kim who is from Chicago would definitely understand.
I am talking about the big city doughnut pushers who are always on the streets and you try to avoid them but sometimes you can’t help it. You just heading to work and you come face to face with one. What can you do? When someone like “Joey Bag o Doughnuts” is in your face and says buy this glazed doughnut and eat it or else! It is a scary experience. I am just trying to make it too work two blocks away and I am confronted with this every day.

I might be coming off the train and someone is like “Here is a maple bar. Just take it”.

Or on the sidewalk people yell at you “Hey! What’s the matter you don’t like this cinnamon doughnut? YOU TO GOOD TO eat this doughnut? “

“You think you’re better than this icy twist?” “Just have one little cake doughnut. One is not going to hurt you.”

This is what I bravely face ALONE every day. It’s a cold place, the heart of the Emerald City and if you don’t watch your back the Doughnut pushers will get to you. I know it has happened to me!
I know you might find this hard to believe but I have succumbed to the pressure (once or twice or three times). And where are the Police? They see it! They have to know it happens as they ride around on their bikes without ever stopping. They don’t want anyone to be able to ride bikes as well as they can! Think about it people ….they don’t care because they have a stake in it….They started the craze and now where all they? You don’t see the cops in the doughnut shops anymore these days. See! They created the problem by supporting these dens of temptation for years. Now that these places are firmly established and they are leaving the rest of us out on our own. Where are the police now, they’re at Starbucks and you watch soon there will be a Starbucks on every cor……HA! Now you see I am right.

So when I tell you that I just had to have that doughnut this morning well now you will understand. It’s so hard but someone has to walk these streets of temptation.

Oh yeah I think I will probable need to walk 4000 steps to burn off that one doughnut.
But it taste so good. Yummm I am leaving a little piece of frosting stuck in my goatee near the corner of my mouth. This is so I can have it later on and all I will have to do is whip out my tongue to the left and then yum yum.

Still about 97% CP and maybe 1% Triathlete with 2% undecided.

No comments:

Post a Comment