Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dangerous Wonderings

This is my journey from Couch Potato to Triathlete.

Over the next 365 days I am going to get myself ready and train to participate in the Whidbey Island Triathlon in 2010.
I watched all these people on Saturday participating in the Whidbey Island Triathlon and I wanted to be a part of it.
They made it look fun. So I told my wonderful wife (who had just impressed me by completing the Triathlon in 2 hours 15 minutes) that I would do it next year.

Once I realized the finality of that comment (no way Amanda lets me take that one back). I started racing my brain to come up with creative ways I could get myself to actually follow through. That led me to this! Yes this Blog is my brains answer to how to get me to actually go through with this dream of becoming a Triathlete at 42. I figure if I record it and make it into a story I might pretend it is someone else who has to exercise. See how I out smart my own brain by using my natural denial tendancy's against myself. I am smarter than myself. I will trick the lazy part of me into thinking it is only the blog part of me doing the exercise. So here we go! Wahoo !

No comments:

Post a Comment