Friday, August 7, 2009

The Reality Smackdown

DAY TWO: I agreed to go on a run with Amanda and Lady luck intervened. Lady luck gave Amanda a hair appointment so we couldn't go running. Amanda also mentioned I don't have the correct shoes which means I can procrastinate the running for a little longer (the running part I am thinking is going to be something like hell).


DAY THREE: I went for a bike ride just to try Amanda's bike. It was a short bike ride (under 3 miles) and I almost did not make it back. It started well and then when I pushed it up this hill I began to learn the reality of how out of shape I am. At the last corner I began getting quesy in my stomach. 100 yards from the driveway my vision started to darken on the corners and dizzyness hit me. When I rolled up the driveway I felt so bad I almost fell off the bike and had to lay on the garage floor with my head on the cool concrete for about ten minutes. I realized something in hindsight, I did not really eat anything all day. I had to fast until 10:30 then had a coffee and bagel, then later had a handful of grapes and one of the last brownies left over, (they are healthy brownies because they have spinich in them). So lesson learned = If your going to exercise you might want to eat. I may be a little slow learning this but I will get there. I will cross that finish line (hopefully before dark).

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that Mr. Maple Bar is no longer your friend. I gave up all junk food for 4 months to drop some #'s for race season, it sucked. But, you won't believe how just losing 10 or 15 pounds has on performance...even at your advanced age...just kidding. Keep up the good work, see you at the bottom of the lake.

    ReplyDelete