Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Great Idea right on the Neck

Sunday


Rest day and I did a little Yoga (30 minutes). I watched the Namaste Yoga series on TV and Amanda yelled at me to stop turning my neck. I said “How am I supposed to see the pose without looking?” to which she responded “ If you have to turn your neck then Yoga video is not a good idea.” To which I responded “Hmph” because that’s what I say now when I can’t really win the debate. I used to say “Whatever” but now that my darling 4 year old son is looking at his parents and growling “Whatever!” I have to find a new term. Children are great little mirrors aren’t they?

Monday

Noticed my legs were not as sore today. Whats this? Could it be progress? Naa I am only imagining it. Thought I might ride the bike today but decided to run instead. I did an easy run/walk of a mile and a half because this was only two days after my “BIG” run/ walk of 3 miles . As we were driving home from Linds where they are giving out free Candy necklaces to children and I was suddenly inspired to run. A side note about Lind’s hmmm: the idea that they are giving these candy necklaces away as you leave raises some natural questions? If this idea was so great why don’t they give Candy necklaces to children as they come into the store? …. Yeah they know why! Thanks Lind’s counter lady, thanks a lot! Sugar the kid up as he gets back in my car. What happens about 30 minutes after your little act of kindness. WELL let me tell you NO better yet let me bring the kids back to your store in about 30 minutes and you can hear first hand what happens when the last Candy is gone. My wish to you for your act of kindness is : A long plane ride with screaming children sitting behind you kicking your seat the entire 6 hours.

While I was a little bent on the sabatoge by the counter lady; I am intrigued by the entire concept of Candy Necklace. I mean how AWESOME would it be to market these things for adults.

Imagine ladies for Valentines day your man brings home A Box of Sees Chocolates strung on a Necklace? Or for the guys: An entire seafood platter of DEEP FRIED goodies strung on a necklace. My personnel favorite would be…..you know what I am talking about……My personnel little jewel would be a Doughnut Necklace, imagine a necklace of Doughnuts and you could just sit there watching sports on T.V. or at the stadium with a dozen doughnuts strung around your neck. You could just lean your chin down and lick the maple bar during the commercials. Yes your clothes would suffer a little more wear and tear but think of the benefits.

I think this idea of Candy necklace has not been explored as far as it could be.

Anyway I realize now when I am driving around and the road looks inviting and I think "how nice would it be to run down this sunny country road on this nice afternoon?" I really should just ask Amanda to kick me.

No comments:

Post a Comment