Thursday, September 10, 2009

Knee Aches

Today I am resting, I did do the stairs on Wed and today my lower legs are really really sore. Today the thought that has been in my head the most is: “I hope when this is all done that it is worth it.” I mean I walk down to the ferry (about 4-5 blocks) and I walk up from the ferry and my legs and feet hurt almost all the time. It just better be worth it. Maybe if I buy a 2nd pair of running shoes (for everyday use) that are nice and springy and comfortable my feet would feel a little better.
I visited the fitness club I am going to join in October to start swimming, pool looks nice and they offer private swim lessons so maybe I will investigate those after I join. They have a spinning class twice a week too. The price is not bad and they are close to my work (only 10 blocks away). I have talked with another friend who is willing to go swimming regularly so I have committed to October to begin swimming.
I had the strange notion as I watched these other swimmers calmly swimming laps without making much waves that MAYBE ? it is will be easy. He he he I get the same thoughts when I motivate to run. I think out of the blue “hey how great would it be to go running?” then I think “How good would I feel to be zooming down the road like a regular ____________ ? (I don’t know any modern runners names.)
The problem is I never look or feel like that great runner zooming down the road. I look more like a wounded herd animal destined for the leopards next meal.
I bet my swimming will look similar. The same wounded herd animal destined for the Alligator’s next meal.

At the least I hope that swimming will be easier on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment