Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Damn it Body Do What I SAY!

So yesterday I asked my Body to do what I say and what I said was. “I want to swim 24 laps and then give blood (everyone should donate blood you may need it back some day) and then several hours (4 hours) later run 4 miles.
“Swim, hmm fine, Give Blood, sigh okay, run 4 miles Pah! Not gonna do that”. Is what my body said back to me? So I can think I am going to do some amount of training but being patient with me and listening to my body is a skill I have not fully developed yet. As a result I have lots of aches and sore spots this morning. Last night I had lots of frustration not being able to run like I wanted.

The first mile I was struggling with an ache in my back and feeling like my form was a mess. Bad form causing my left knee to feel pressure and my right ankle feels like it needs to crack. It is just my body loosening up I will take it easy and I bet by mile two it will feel warm and better.

Mile 2 not feeling better, my Chi Running form is still a mess as I am trying to lean on my abdominal muscles (I think I was born without them) and my back hurts now. I should probably have listened to the blood people who said no exercise today. “Pah! What do they know!” I’m Iron…well not Iron I know Iron men and Iron women and I know Half Iron people too. I’m more like led man. Yeah LEAD because Lead is a base metal nad the definition of that is : the term 'base metal' is used informally to refer to a metal that oxidizes or corrodes relatively easily” That is most definitely me, I corrode easily.

I am striving to become a Ferrous metal: The term "ferrous" is derived from the Latin word meaning "containing iron". This can include pure iron, such as wrought iron, or an alloy such as steel. I just like it because it is a word that looks like Ferocious.

Where was I? Oh yeah mile 2-3 should have been the easy part of the run and I couldn’t keep my heart rate down in the aerobic range and my body was not playing nice any longer. I hurt in my back and down my right leg, I tried in vain to relax and loosen my sacrum area. I did much more walking than I have in a long time and I grew more frustrated at the struggle which is counterproductive. Sort of like smacking your head to get rid of a bad idea, no future in negative self talk.

So I limped on home through mile 4 just trying to run 100 yards at a time and struggling with that. Aaargh. Some days I guess it is better to listen to advice and listen to your body. I am sometimes a slow learner, painfully slow.

Hey Nick when it hurts maybe you should stop doing that. Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment