Friday, June 25, 2010

44 days to go

I only have 44 days to go and while I am technically still on a rest week I did go swimming yesterday. Today I am a little sore but overall I think I will be back in full training next week.

In my swim yesterday I did a half mile in 21 minutes. I need to shave 3 minutes off that.

Then I need to complete the ride in 1 hour (which so far nobody believes I can do). I am not sure how much work this will be because I have never done that ride before. So I need to test that out by doing the ride and seeing how long it takes me to complete it soon.

Also I will need to improve my running to where I can do a 10 minutes mile because right now I am at 11:30. This I expect may improve as I quit focusing on running so far and I work on running the miles faster. I also need to practice running after getting off the bike.

My Triathlon goals are;
1. injury free
2. finish the event
3. complete it in 2 hours.
4. Be asked to speak about my life at some graduation and get paid $578,000.00 in one lump sum the same week as the Triathlon.

So the 4th one I threw in for the Universe to grant it too me when it has nothing else to do. Sort of some light work for my Higher Power.

Anyway I am still basking in my good feelings about last weekends 16,7 mile run. The unofficial results came out today and I made the list. I am 7th from the bottom which is better than I expected. I thought I would be 4th from the bottom.

I am tired of training and I look forwad thinking it will be nice to have the mental break after August 8th when I can not "think"about the next event.

In the betweeen time I need to work on strengthening my core. Sounds like situps are in my future. I hate situps but I don't know a better way to strengthen my core muscles. I have tried pullin....No just klidding I can't go there; and it doesn't help core muscles anyway, or so I have read. I will have to use my "Tower of Power" home gym thingamabobby that I picked up at a garage sale 4 years ago. IT is a frame that allows you to do pull ups and dips and other crap that makes you POWERFUL. I want to be POWERFUL if it will help me run faster, especially fast enough to run a 10 minute mile. It has been in the Garage for 3 years so I think it has had time to aclimate to my house. Now I will actually get the $10.00 out of it that I put into it. I have to move the treadmill out onto the lawn to make room but no matter. Having a treadmill on the lawn is not that different from a refrigirator, or a 78 Oldsmobile. Whidbey has it fair share of those growing weeds.

On deck for this weekend is an Outdoor Swim Clinic put on by Whidbey Parks and Rec where they teach people how to swim in groups, swim around bouys (I think I might be able to handle that one), sight using the horizon and determine distance in the Open water. It is cool we have such good resources on Whidbey Island.


Take Care my faithful 13 and I will talk too you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment