Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spin Wheel SPin - Ed Grimley the last of the real motivators.

174 days since I announced I would enter the “Race the Rock” Triathalon and 193 days left until I have to take the final action in fulfilling that promise to myself.




I am getting close to mid way in my transformation from Couch Potato to Triathlete anf I feel like I am making decent progress. Undecided if I should be counting up still or start counting down.



Today I can swim one half of a mile in around 22-23 minutes (in a pool at least). I can run 4 miles in 53 minutes, and I have no idea what it would take me to ride for 20 miles; but I bet it would be an hour and half to two hours. So my current estimate is that I will be able to finish the race in daylight and who know maybe even in a respectable time. Just finishing the swim part will be a major accomplishment



The biking is the last of my training I need to incorporate and so I have begun spinning classes. Well if you ever wondered, “Where do all the masocist go to meet other masochist?” Most of them are in spinning class. The Saddist are out encouraging other to take up running but the Masocist are busy smei-bonding in spinning classes all over the world. I mean what the heck ever happened to riding a bike? When did it become so intense that walking in and selecting your torture device (doh! I mean your spinning bike) is like forming up at a military formation. Spin class has become this den of half deaf, scantily clad athletic pain lovers who are not really polite to each other but sort of co-recognize each others existence. This I describe as “Semi-Bonding” Strange even though we will spend the next hour sweating and stinky and suffering together I not supposed to pat you on the butt ? What ? All the T.V. athletes do it. I was just trying to encourage him? What was I supposed to say? Nice Salmon colored skin tight shorts they make your ass look firm? Doh can’t talk about the ass. Nice skin tight top. Oops Nice Bulge ? Doh. What ? Oh I mean nice package. No! I mean nice padding in your shorts. Ahh I guess I will just be quiet and stand over here in the corner until it is time to mount my own torture device. But hell I look good in my skin tight ass firming, package wrapping, baunch padding shorts. So I’ll just slap my own bottom in encouragement as we ride the imaginary ride from hell. I am not the most popular guy in class. He he he

This brings up another point, if this an imaginary bike ride why are there so many Damn hills? This is imaginary land isn’t it? Let’s imagine a flat road or the downside of the hill. Why does this imaginary landscape only have hills that go up? So this must be where my parents walked to school. Ah I finally solved that mystery. Maybe the point is to make imaginary land so unappealing we will all go outside and ride in the real world where there is the back sides of hills. After class is over everyone politely wipes down the torture devices for the next poor souls.



“For those about to ROCK. We SALUTE YOU ! Good down home AC/DC always warms the belly and lightens the load.

No comments:

Post a Comment