Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 109 - Back to the Couch

Well I had my gout attack on October 27th and have had it a record 19 days. In that time I have not been able to run and I have only gone swimming once.
That one swimming session was lame as I couldn’t flex my foot. Try it some time, try swimming but keeping your right foot in one position. I am officially Out of Momentum.


I feel very out of rhythm. Now I know I have to mentally get back in the game. I was working towards that 5K on the 8th and missing the race was depressing and torpedoed my motivation. The weather and my natural inclination towards lazy is keeping me down.
19 days and no exercise is a bummer. I feel like all that endurance I had been building is going to be gone the next time I run. Now it is dark outside so I will need to begin running at lunch time or on the Giant Gerbal Wheel (treadmill) in the garage.
So here I am in a new position, Now I have to get my groove back. Sort of strange to think I had a groove but I was doing somthing at least every other day. Now I just need to get going again and to build upon what I learned to do so far.

As we get into the holiday season and how that gets busy and crazy I think it will be challenging just to get a regular schedule of exercise going.

No comments:

Post a Comment