Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stay in your Lane

Tuesday
I ran on Saturday but only a mile and half because I have been healing from a minor cold and I didn’t want to get sick again. I did manage to run continuously farther than I ever had before by about 50 yards. Being able to run the entire 3 miles by the 5K in November is going to take more work. I just wish that didn’t mean so much more running.
Still haven’t done much Yoga lately. I really need to get back on track with my daily Yoga program. Hello 4 am wake up my ugly ugly friend how I so don’t want to see you again. Maybe I will try Yoga at night time before bed.


I swam today and it was a little victory just to get there and show up. This is the 2nd week and it is nowhere close to normal for me to go swimming so I really need to focus and get myself there. I went later today which made it hard to stay motivated. I struggle staying motivated as the day goes on. I find it easier to exercise earlier in the day. I think that is my natural Couch Potato shinning through.

I have to say I have been feeling like CP is losing his grip and the new and sparkly me is coming out more and more. The new me has a fresh chloriny scent.
So as I try to find times when there is not too many people swimming I learned that 3pm is not one of them. I had to share a lane and being that I am new I didn’t want to accidentally club someone next to me. Well it only happened once. I kicked the lady in the lane next to me. I felt bad but she said no problem as she ran out of the room holding her eyeball. He he he Anyway it is very distracting to swim next to other sucky swimmers, unless they are more sucky then me. Then it is not so distracting.


As I swim and try to get more relaxed in the water I am learning to like the taste of chlorine water. I am happy I did it for the 4th planned day in a row. Wahoo little victories matter to ME. Getting to the pool today was my victory even if I only swam about 500 yards.
“The thoughts in my head go Bing Bang Bong

Bing Bang Bong, Bing Bang Bong, All day long.”

No comments:

Post a Comment