Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Every agonizing step

I am running and running and running and I am thinking I am thinking and I am thinking and I realize as that the only way to get better at this. Or rather the only way to used to this and build up the lung capicity is to keep doing this and that is not my favorite thought. In fact that thought is not motivational at all.

So on to my recap of the last week.

Sunday Oct 4th ran a mile
Saturday Oct 3rd ran three miles

Friday Oct 2nd walked the stairs at Quest field
Thursday Oct 1st (20 minutes swim) and a mile and half run that evening

Wed joined the Gym (committed for a year when really I should be the one committed after this year.)

As I was saying the only way to get better or to make running easier is to do more running so your body develops and gets used to it. Sort of like those old Kings and Queens who used to sip little bits of poison so they would be used to it whne someone tried to poison them.
My cousin made me some music to help motivate me during my runs and so I have been trying that. I am not real sure it does more than increase my chances of getting run over because I can't hear anything now.
Thanks for the CD's they are really old school.

So now that we are in October I have a only a MONTH or so before I run my first 5K (which is 3 miles). I have set my goal of running the entire time and as long as the entire course is down hill I might be able to do it.
Funny how the littlest incline can seem like a horrible mountain.

I have to be happy with the little victories and the hard part is I know after the little victory (of say one little hill) are just bigger and bigger hills.
I am in total awe of the course my wife runs regularly. Total awe of her and Candice and Jason and  Molly and Kathy and all you other fools who somehow managed to add me to your list. What am I doing here ?

No comments:

Post a Comment