Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sometimes I dream

I sometimes imagine I can be an athelete, I mean I want to be an athlete real real bad. What I struggle with is getting my body to move in the way those real atheletes move. That's the RUB! Well that and all the exercising involved.

I recognize now and admit that somewhere inside me is a Triathlete that wants to be born.
I mean I look at people swimming in the pool all graceful and fluid and what looks to be almost effortless form and I want to do that.
I see people jogging or running that don't look like they are about ot fall over and I want to do that.
I see bikers zoom by or talk to some who ride from Mukilteo into downtown Seattle on their way to work in the morning. I want to do that.

RUB when I try those things I don't look or feel like that. FARFIG NUGEN! I don't want to have this be so hard.

I swam today and after 30 minutes I realize the best thing about swimming is it is not running. Gosh running sucks. Oh yeah and as a result of all this running I now have this strange bump on the top of my foot that was not their before. It looks like a bone poking under the skin and I don't have one on the other foot so I know that it doesn't belong there. Now that sentence will not make sense to everyone only some people. My logic of if something looks out of place on one side check the other side is not an exact scientific formula. I did fail Chemistry in high school. Nobody told me about strange growths. That was not a part of what I signed up for. What is hard to know now that I am over 40 is what caused the strange growth? What causes hair to grow in old man ears? Why do eyebrows not grow for years and then suddenly sprout like weeds?

Back to todays swimming. It is difficult because I feel like a phony when I am in the pool and I imagine everyone thinks who is the dork swimming like an ardvark in the far lane. Then I remind myself everyone started sometime so no worries. Still this ardvark needs a lesson or two. I am trying to learn the Total Immersion style or method and I am looking like the Total Inversion where everything you are suppossed to do is going backwards. I swallow water instead of breathing air. I sink instead of float and when my top half is working like a dog my back half forgets to do anything. I tuck my head into my arm pit but then end up diving down. Ardvarks are not natural swimmers.

I am starting to ice my knee every night and I think now it will probably be achy forever. I am getting used to aching in some spot or another pretty much all the time. So this is FUN people? Okay I will play along. This is Fun!  Everyone should go out and run around. Hell do it with one shoe on and see if you can get you toe nails worn down to little bloody nubs. Ha ha Fun thats what my toe nails feel like lately.  After that ride a bike until you baunch is good and chaffed then jump in some salt water and swim until the fish nibble on your bloody toes.......Fun.

While swimming today I think I managed a 20 / 40. Sounds technical what it means is swim about 20 laps (25 meters)  while drinking 40 gallons of pool water.  The water level was half an inch lower and I had to pee real bad afterwards. Swimming is funner than running because I get to push off the wall every so often and feel like I am ZOOMing through the water like a shark. A shark with a lazer beam attached to his head.

"You will do what I say when I say
BACK to the Front!"

No comments:

Post a Comment