Friday, August 6, 2010

Itching to go.

Well here is a run down from the last week of training.

Tuesday 50 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes on the run,
Wednesday the L.U.S.T. (Langley Ultra Short Triathlon) mock triathlon (a one third mile swim, 10 mile bike, 1.2 mile run) great experience to practice the excitment of a group of swimmers and the strangeness of transitions.
Thursday Rest ? I can't remember now.
Friday Rest ?  We went car shopping that night.
Saturday 30 minutes swim in Goss Lake.
Sunday Bike /Run Brick (20 mile bike and a 4 mile run)
Monday 30 minute swim in Goss Lake.

Tuesday will be a rest day.
Wednesday I think I will do a short 20 minutes swim in the pool. Then soak in the hot tub a bit.
Thursday rest Maybe practice tranistions at home (bike to run)
Friday rest
Saturday - Triathlon Day. The Big Kahuna

I am getting more excited and more nervous. Am I ready? Yes I am!
All I have now to do is make my checklist for the day of the race.

The Swim list
1. Wetsuit
2. Goggles
3. Ear Plugs
4. Glide
5. Swim Cap
6. Small Towel

The Bike list
1. Bike
2. Shoes
3. Jersey
4. Bike shorts
4. Load 2 opened packs of shot blocks in the Jersey
5. Camelback filled with Nuun
6. Gloves
7. Helment
8. Sunglasses

The Run list
1. Shoes
2. Small white cotton running socks
3. White and red running Shirt with number attached

Mental walk through ( I know it is probably boring to read but you have come with me this far so just keep reading) It's all about me remember.

Monday today - Call ahead and confirm I am registered. Oh I would hate to get there and have them say "Who are you? We don't have you listed." I did that this morning and I am listed.
Also printed packet on Triathlon information so I know the rules.
Question? It says Obey all traffic laws? What if I am going supper fast and it is faster than the speed limit?

Friday pick up race packet between 2 and 6 pm. Attach number to the bike and to Race day shirt for running. Load box of all race gear so I am not looking for anything in the morning.
Saturday
Wake up at 6:00 am
Eat some toast with Jam and some juice & drink Coffee. Critical race day Poop to stay light weight and not carry any excess luggage.
6:45 Verify check list items in the box and box in the car. Load the bikes and then leave the house.

7:00 Arrive at park
Place the running stuff at the park leaving by my number Nike Free shoes, white cotton socks, white and red shirt with number attached.
Spy out where your transition spot is from the dismount location, place stuff far enough from the fence that so you can lean the bike up.

Meet Sarah and the bus with the rest of the gear and the bikes.
7:30 leave the park.
7:45 arrive at the lake with swim and bike equipment.
8:00 Check in and rack our bikes and load bike gear in the bag they provide. 
Locate where they place the bag and spy out waht it looks like from the waters edge.

Get swim cap and attach ankle chip provided by the race cordinators
8:30 Required Pre Race meeting.

9:00 am Race starts in the water 4 waves spaced 4 minutes apart. (Not sure if they will have an old slow man's division).

Wahooo.

So that was Monday

TOnight is Friday and I can't possibly sit still enough to write.

I am soooo excited. Oh yeah had two Odwalla drinks today and gave my self the runs as a nice good luck buddy pre race warm up. "1 Rule" Don't do anything new on race day. Rule 1.5 "Or the day before"

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment